Sorry, this job has expired.
Park City, UT
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Marriott's MountainSide is now seeking Maintenance Engineers.
Advancement opportunities are available.
• Display proficiency in any one of the following categories, above average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
• Display working knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
• Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
• Display basic ability to repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering).
• Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
• Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision.
• Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
• Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
• Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings.
• Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
• Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
• Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
• Program TVs and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
• Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
• Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
• Perform mid-level troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language.
• Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lbs without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
• Ability to move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
• Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Ability to enter and locate work-related information using computers.
To join our team, apply online.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.